Sunday, October 31, 2010

Distressed Flowers

I had a great time trying to make my own paper flowers using cuts from my Cricut.  I used a six petal flower from the Preserves cartridge.  I inked the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  Then to make the flowers really pop off the page, I used my piercing tool and curled the petals.  Then I layered several flowers together and used a button for a center.  The Happy Birthday is cut from the Cricut Lite Celebrate with Flourish cartridge.  I really love this cartridge!  It has so much to offer!  I am on a quest to use up papers from my large and abundant stash!  So these papers are a selection from Stampin Up Pattern Papers.  They are retired, and I do not remember the name of the package.  The very back cardstock is Creative Memories Brick.  I find I go to this color over and over when I need a true deep burgandy shade.  The other cardstocks are from my Stamping Up cardstock stash.  I am not sure about the colors as much of my paper stash is discontinued.  The green ribbon is just a generic ribbon from my sewing room and the burgandy ribbon is Stampin up.  When I cut out the Happy Birthday, I lost the dot to the letter i.... so I just used a brad!  I hope you enjoy this page as much as I enjoyed making it! 

1 comment:

ScrappyGirl said...

I forgot to mention, I used a sketch by Jana Eubank to design this card. Jana is one of the designers for the Cricut Circle and her blog can be found at http://www.janaeubank.com/